The aim here was to create a modern, open living space and to improve the insulation.
- The wall between the kitchen and dining area was taken down to create the open space.
- The wall was created with recessed radiators, and shelves for TV and for displaying objects. Recessed shelving was created around the structural support pillar.
- The ceiling was dropped to make space for a recessed curtain track.
- Spot lights were set up in the wall recesses to provide subtle mood lighting.
- A beautiful, heavy-traffic laminated floor was installed.
- An 80mm insulated board was inserted in all exterior walls to ensure extra comfort and warmth, and save energy and cost.